Women health

Effect of gas cooker

Although cooking with gas is less expensive than cooking with an electric burner, there are health hazards associated with doing so on a regular basis.

Cooking with gas not only exposes you to the risk of breathing in fumes and carbon monoxide poisoning, but it also comes with other serious risks. Knowing about some of the health dangers you may face may assist you in making an informed decision about your cooking methods.

Cooking gas and your lungs to the blood

The usage of gas when cooking was studied by researchers from the University of Aberdeen Medical School's Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine and the School of Life Sciences at Napier University in Scotland.

The study discovered that when gas is burned, it causes air pollution, which can lead to lung irritation. Researchers M Dennekamp, S Howarth, C A J Dick, J W Cherrie, K Donaldson, and A Seaton exposed lung cells to gas fumes and discovered that the cellular tissues produced cytokines, which are physiologically produced molecules linked to respiratory inflammation. The inflammation can constrict the airways, making it more difficult to breathe.

Higher gas concentration exposure

Cooking gas fumes can have a high concentration level in the home, according to Dr. Mark Niewenhuijsen of Imperial College in London. Some house kitchens lack appropriate ventilation, increasing the danger of gas pollution exposure. Dr. Mark Niewenhuijsen also claims that fumes are produced when some meals are cooked with gas and that the fumes, in combination with gas pollutants, can be harmful to your health.

Respiratory problems

Gas cooking burners have been associated to the beginning and/or worsening of respiratory illnesses. The development of respiratory infections, persistent coughs, asthma, wheezing, bronchitis, and chronic inflammation of lung tissues are all linked to a rise in the prevalence of infection and a noticeable increase in the presence of white blood cells in the body. When a gas burner is used in the home for cooking, homes with poor ventilation are more likely to have respiratory problems.

Poisoning by carbon monoxide

There's always the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning while using a gas stove for cooking. Carbon monoxide poisoning is extremely deadly because it is colorless, odorless, and impossible to detect without a carbon monoxide monitor. Long-term low-level exposure to the invisible gas has been connected to numerous respiratory ailments.

Headaches and shortness of breath are among the symptoms of carbon monoxide overdose. Excessive fatigue, vertigo, nausea, mental disorientation, mood fluctuations, and coordination problems can all develop from prolonged exposure. An individual can pass out after prolonged exposure to CO2 or when exposed to high quantities of carbon monoxide, and this sort of poisoning can be lethal.




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post